Ampeg Rocket Bass RB-115 1×15″ 200-watt Bass Combo Amp Brand New $549.99 + $49 Shipping
*Please contact us for availability.
Ampeg Rocket Bass RB-115 1×15″ 200-watt Bass Combo Amp
The 200-watt Rocket Bass RB-115 bass combo delivers classic good looks and timeless Ampeg tones to players on the move. Fans of the 1960s Rocket series of Ampeg amplifiers will especially groove on the RB-115’s black diamond wrap and signature sparkle grille cloth. Of course, bassists of all stripes will enjoy taking the renowned Ampeg punch and growl to go with this easy-traveling solution. The Rocket Bass’s Legacy preamp, 3-band EQ, Ultra Lo/Hi tone switches, and specially voiced ported Eminence speaker make it ridiculously easy to achieve monumental bass tones with any instrument in your arsenal. And thanks to a pair of 0dB and -15dB instrument inputs right on the front panel, the RB-115 has no trouble adjusting to hot-wound active humbuckers or passive vintage single-coils. When you’re ready to add some grit to rhythms and sustain to leads, the Rocket Bass’s SGT (Super Grit Technology) controls dial in a smooth-to-gnarled overdrive that manages to keep fundamentals full while packing on the heat. You’ll even find an 1/8-inch aux input and an 1/8-inch headphone output to facilitate silent practice, whether you’re jamming along to tracks at home or warming up in the green room pre-show.
The Rocket Bass RB-115 is a well-rounded road performer and studio companion. Its 200 watts and 15-inch ported Eminence speaker give you satisfying depth, power, and versatility onstage. This combo’s effects loop provides additional options for inserting compression pedals and rack effects into your signal, and its footswitchable SGT switch effectively gives you a second channel for live use — great for alternating between rhythm and lead duties. The RB-115 also features a post-EQ/-volume/-loop XLR balanced output to capture the essence of your stage tone when going straight into a mixer or recording interface, as well as an external speaker output (8-ohm minimum) for times when you really need to move some air.
Portable size, potent tone
A Legacy preamp and 3-band Ampeg tone stack give the Rocket Bass RB-115 bass combo the punch, power, and growl that Ampeg amps are known for. A specially voiced 15-inch Eminence speaker succeeds in delivering the goods for practice, tracking, and travel. You also get Ultra Lo and Ultra Hi switches derived from Ampeg’s SVT series of bass amps to help enhance your bass and treble registers. Need a meatier tone? The Rocket Bass’s SGT controls dial up the heat in a hurry. No matter what style of music you play, there are buckets of big-sounding tones waiting to be discovered in the Ampeg RB-115.
Vintage 1960s Ampeg visuals
Ampeg holds claim to some of the most recorded and toured-with bass amplifiers of all time. The Rocket Bass RB-115 combo amp looks back to Rocket amplifiers of the 1960s for its Atomic Age visual cues while focusing forward to bring in-demand bass features to a lightweight design. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a van-seasoned veteran, bass players at Sweetwater agree: there’s loads to love about the Ampeg Rocket Bass RB-115 bass combo.
Ampeg RB-115 Rocket Bass Combo Amplifier Features:
- Timeless Ampeg bass tone to go
- Takes visual cues from 1960s Rocket amplifiers
- Iconic black diamond wrap
- Signature sparkle grille cloth
- Ampeg Legend preamp with 3-band EQ delivers monumental bass tone for country to rock
- SGT overdrive packs on bite and sustain
- Specially voiced 15-inch Eminence speaker in a ported cabinet
- Balanced XLR output feeds a wet signal (post-EQ/-volume/-effects loop) into a soundboard or recording medium
- SVT-derived Ultra Lo/Hi switches enhance your bass and treble registers
- Effects loop gives you options for inserting pedal and rack effects
- External speaker output (8-ohm minimum, 100 watts at 8 ohms) lets you increase your stage output or switch up your cab sound
- 0dB/-15dB instrument inputs accommodate active or passive pickups
- 1/8-inch auxiliary input for jamming along to backing tracks
- 1/8-inch headphone output for practice and recording